Wednesday, November 30, 2011

How do I find an excellent doctor for depression?

I've had depression for several years and have tried 4 different doctors as well as a couple of therapists. I've been on many different medications and had ECT treatments in the past, but nothing really seems to change for me.





It's getting to the point where I find it hard to go on. I feel that someone (a doctor) REALLY needs to focus on me and make me better. My depression is ruining my life, and my wife's. All the doctors so far seem to just say "Oh that didn't work, hmmm try this". I don't think they really understand what they are doing.








I need to see a true expert, can anyone help?|||I know it seems difficult, but each person has a different chemical imbalance and will react differently to the various medications. Medicating a depressed person is trial and error. You need to take an active role in your own treatment and keep trying things until you find something that works. My depression was helped by adding 1/2 a pill of abilify to my depression medication. It took several years and several trips through hell before we arrived at something that works. Good Luck and don't give up.|||Fight the coming depression.

Report Abuse


|||Find a new place and make it your own.

Report Abuse


|||It sucks to hear your situation because I'm *mildly* depressed and sometimes it's hard to get up or get dressed. I know how you feel. But I'm not sure about the doctor issue. I just hope things work out for you some day. Good luck, bud.|||all of your efforts have not done you any good have they?


this is what you need to do..call upon the name of the lord jesus christ..he will heal you, challenge you, recreate you, simplify your life, he is afterall God...








the physicians physican is our Lord Jesus...give him a chance all you have to do is ask

No comments:

Post a Comment