Saturday, November 19, 2011

What kind of doctor should a 10 year old see?

My daughter is 10. Her doctor is in a bad area and I want to a doctor somewhere closer to home, and not 30 minutes away. Her doctor now is a pediatrician, which usually sees newborns. My daughter is old 10. What should I ask when I call around for doctors?|||Most pediatricians see children up through age 18. A Family Practice doctor is a good option, if she is feeling too old for a pediatrician. Also, consider a Nurse Practitioner. We usually have more time for counseling and teaching regarding growth and development at this very crucial time in a gril's life.|||She needs to still see a pediatrician until she is 18. And in addition she should see an OBGYN when she turns 18+ or whenever she becomes sexually active. And when she turns 18 she needs to start going to an adult doctor.





However I saw my pediatrician until I was 19 or 20 cuz he knew my allergies

Report Abuse


|||We agree with the group here. It's our experience that a 10 year old should see a Pediatrician until he or she is 18.

Report Abuse


|||Well technically she could see a pediatrician until she turns 18...but she could also see a family physician as well.|||you can take her to the childrens hospital................|||When mine were 10 they still saw a pediatrician. I would still go that way until they are 12.|||Pediatricians are for children up to 18 or so.|||will you be my daughters doctor|||well my doctor growing up was a GP

No comments:

Post a Comment