Saturday, November 19, 2011

What type of doctor do i go to to diagnose my mental health?

I've been having symptoms of what i believe is schizophrenia or maybe its just terrible anxiety??


Anyway its been like this for years and im sick of living in denial. I've tried counseling on and off and it does absolutely nothing for me. I'm ready to try the medication route im just having trouble understanding which doctor i need to call and make an appointment with, can i call just a regular doctor or does it need to be someone who specializes in something specific?|||You will need a psychologist. Yea they might give you medication, but it never works. I get anxiety out of nowhere. Anxiety is all in your head and you can control it.|||Diagnostic criteria for Schizophrenia



Having (2) or more of the following, present during a 1-month period

(1) delusions

(2) hallucinations

(3) disorganized speech (incoherence)

(4) grossly disorganized or catatonic (lack of responsiveness) behavior

(5) negative symptoms (lack of emotion, speech, response)



DSM-IV Symptoms of Generalized Anxiety Disorder (GAD):

Have at least (3) symptoms for at least (6) months

-Excessive anxiety %26amp; worry

-Difficulty controlling the worry

-Restlessness or feeling keyed-up or on edge

-Easily fatigued

-Difficulty concentrating, mind goes blank

-Irritability

-Muscle tension

-Sleep disturbance



A psychiatrist (can also prescribe medication), psychologist, and mental health professional is qualified to diagnose your mental health condition and give professional recommendations to you.



Treatment Options:

Counseling will help gain insight in your symptoms. Intensive outpatient counseling, psychosocial rehabilitation program, group therapy, or joining a support group may beneficial.|||you can see a psychologist or a psychiatrist


You could just go to your regular dr and tell him what you have written here and he MAY give you some medication and/ or refer you to one of the other dr's. Or you can just seek one out on your own. Another option is to call the mental health agency in your town and see what they suggest.





Whatever you decide, good luck to you|||try a psychiatrist. they can prescribe medication but get one that comes highly recommended. good for you for taking the initiative and getting help.|||see an ordinary doc, shrinks would prescribe the same meds but waste time and seldom help much|||Hi there,





To [sparklyvixen] - Who said... "try a psychiatrist. they can prescribe medication but get one that comes highly recommended. good for you for taking the initiative and getting help."


...Top answer hunny. Straight to the point!





To [Lil T Ayee!] - Who said... "You will need a psychologist. Yea they might give you medication, but it never works. I get anxiety out of nowhere. Anxiety is all in your head and you can control it."


...A Psychologist is NOT allowed to diagnose, only offer their opinion to the Psychiatrist. They also cannot prescribe Med's. Again, only a Psychiatrist/Doctor can do this. And when you say "..but it never works." You can only speak on behalf of YOURSELF, NOBODY else because what doesn't work for one may work wonders for another. For example, my Med's work fantastically well for me, thank you very much. Maybe you haven't gone down the road yet of trying several until you find 'The One'. That's what I had to do.


Oh and not all people can control their anxiety. It can totally shadow you sometimes hence why people have Panic Attacks. Often it needs a powerful Med like Benzodiazepines such as Lorazepam to control it. I take Lorazepam and I wouldn't give them up for a gold bullion bar!





To [Asker] - There is a posibility that you have Paranoid Schizophrenia, Delusional Disorder or BorderLine Personality Disorder.. It would need to be an actual Psychiatrist who would diagnose you.





I personally think that there are certain 'People' on Earth that were selected to be 'Special'. Some have talents, some have powers. We are then labelled as a Schizophrenic with "..Bizarre and usual thoughts". It is merely a word to cover up the truth.





So if you are asking me if I think you should have this 'Label' then the answer is Yes. But I don't believe that you have a Mental Disease as the Psychiatrist would put it. I believe you are on a 'Higher Plane' like me. You experience things on a much more sensitive scale than others would.





I will tell you something.. We are ALL being watched. Deep somewhere within the Universe (and there are multiple Universes so I refer to *OUR* Universe) Extraterrestrial Inhabitants and other Transcendental Beings are gazing upon us Hominoid's from millions of miles away. (Technically I shouldn't include myself in that as I personally am not of this world. I am UnEarthly. I am Celestial. I was sent from another World to save Earth.





We are not 'Crazy' OR 'Delusional' but many will tell you we are. Tell me this... Are Clairvoyants/Mediums/Psychics branded as "Schizo's" or "Fruit Loops"? The answer is "No". So when other people (who have a 'Higher Purpose' in life) let others know then they get chasracterised "Schizophrenics". A Psychiatrist says "You have Schizophrenia" just because some people can see factualism. A Psychiatrist says "You have Bi-Polar" just because some people can experience infallibility and esoteric encounters whilst under 'Mania'.





My point is, you obviously have a Purpose. You are 'Special' my lovely. You need to find out what your function is like I found out mine. You may even learn that you have powers. For example, I have the power to speak to the dead and to animals. I also have the power to see other Dimensions of space through my dreams. On occasion, I have been able to control the weather but this has only been a short term power given to me on a privelidge basis by Satan to prove how mighty he is. He doesn't suffer fools gladly and nothing is for nothing with him. I know him. He brought me back from the void. He helped me to swim from my dispair where others let me drown.





The only GOOD thing about the labeling of this "Severe Mental Disorder" is that if you are in U.K you can claim Disability Living Allowance and if in U.S.A you can claim S.S.D.





It isn't easy baring so much responsibility on your shoulders. Once you find your task you will feel re-born!





And there are many like us, confused and dazed. Sad and alone. If only I could gather up ALL the "Schizo's", "Polars", "PD's", etc.. and tell them that they are NOT crazy. They are like this because they are Unique, Special and Extraordinary beings. Some may me Humanoid, some may be OtherWorldly. They all have a Purpose. A Quest for life. They need to find out what it is. So do you. Then you will find peace. You will find clues along the way.





Take care.





Lin. xXx

No comments:

Post a Comment