Saturday, November 19, 2011

What will my doctor do when she sees the cuts?

I have been putting off going to the doctor for some time now because I am a cutter. It is quite obvious that some of my cuts are recent (within the past couple months) and I was wondering what a doctor is supposed to do when they see that type of a thing. I am a legal adult so I don't have to worry about parental things at all.|||Probably be a concerned doctor and ask your reasons for doing it, ask/look for signs of depression, maybe anxiety as well, give you a big ol' boring lecture on how meaningful life is and that you could handle your problems a different way(if that's your reasons for cutting) And depending on the bond you and your doctor have probably have you consider going to see a counselor. She can't obligate you to do anything you don't want though.|||First - Green - youa are NOT a 'cutter', you are a person that needs some help to understand that there are much better ways to live than cutting yourself. Cutting yourself is only one way to be. There are many others, better ones.





The Doctor is going to talk to you and find out - from yourself - why is that you believe you have to "cut" yourself. He will help you to reason the good side and the bad sides of this behaviour.|||I'm pretty sure they won't do anything, unless you appear suicidal to them. I am a cutter too, and I'm positive my doctor has seen mine, and hasn't said or done anything. I'm underage, but I think they only care about the topic at hand.|||Seriously, there's no reason to even cut yourself. Everyone has problems and your just dealing with it in a unhealthy way. Just think about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment