Saturday, November 19, 2011

When does the doctor usually start talking about/setting a date for induction?

I'm due today and I have a doctors appointment in 2 days. So if I don't have the baby before my appointment would the doctor set a date for induction or do you think it would be my next appointment after? Not that I'm like rushing induction or anything lol I would much rather go when the baby is ready but I'm just curious.|||That depends on the doctor. Some what to do it asap and others feel it is best to wait and see if baby will come on its own. If you are not in a hurry you can always tell the doctor you want to wait until 41 or 42 weeks to talk about inducing.|||im pretty sure they will give you a date at your appointment for around 2 weeks overdue And if you go before even better. good luck|||I live in NY and at my Womens Health Clinic it was always if you were 1 week overdue. Which I was for my first child and I was early with my second.|||they should be talk about induction on you app come up good luck|||With my first, I had an appointment on my due date and they said that if I didn't have my baby before my next appointment (which was exactly a week) then I would get admitted either that night or the next morning to be induced (it depended on if there were a lot of women in labor and delivery at that time or not). All docs are different. Some don't want to induce until 2 weeks after your due date.|||Many OB doctors don't like to wait much longer than 41-42 wks because of the risk to the fetus. The longer the baby stays in your womb the older the placenta gets. When the placenta starts getting old it doesn't deliver the same amount of nutrients and oxygen as it did before and can eventually become harmful to your baby. I would say that your doctor will be discussing it with you during your doctors appt.|||It depends on the circumstances.





I went over with my secon baby and at 41.5 weeks he scheduled me for an induction at 42 weeks. I went on my own the day before.|||I THINK YOU WILL DISCUSS THIS IN 2DAYS I BELIEVE HE WILL SET YOUR INDUCTION A WEEK FROM NOW OR IF YOUR BABY DECIDES TO COME BEFORE THEN ITS BEFORE AT LEAST THATS WHAT HAPPEN TO MY NEIGHBOR THEY SET HER UP FOR TH FOLLOWING WEEK OR IF THE BABY CAME OUT FIRST.|||When I was 40 weeks and still going it was discussed. It was up to me to have it done or not. If I wanted to wait it out at 41 weeks they would have done an ultrasound to check the fluid around the baby to make sure it was okay to continue being pregnant. I had him at 40 weeks and 5 days. He decided to come on his own.

No comments:

Post a Comment