Saturday, November 19, 2011

What type of doctor should I visit for arm numbness most likely the result of repetitive motion at work?

I am a baker and stress my arms daily with repetitive motion. Lately I've been having alternating pain and numbness in my wrist, hands, and shoulders. I don't have health insurance, so I don't want to pay several office visit fees going to the wrong type of doctor. Does anyone have any idea what could be going on and what type of doctor I should see?|||You need to see a Neurologist, they deal with numbness in the extremities and treat headaches. You may have carpal tunnel or/and a bad rotator cuff. An Orthopedist can diagnose a bad rotator cuff, I'm not sure if a Neurologist can or not. So you may have to see 2 Doctors since it may be 2 different problems.|||Physical Therapist. They will prescribe specific "braces" or orthopedic wrist, or arm, or hand supports you can wear during your work which will not interfere with the performance of your duties.





They will also give you exercises you can do at home to relax and strengthen specific muscles, and possibly suggest other ways to stand or move which may alleviate some of the strain.|||Go to GP surgery to start he/she will be able to diagnose and tell you|||Ye, a neurologist. I've seen 1 for the same thing

No comments:

Post a Comment