Friday, December 2, 2011

Can I legally start a Doctor Who craft blog?

I was making some Doctor Who crafts which were for sale in my Etsy shop - now closed as I was worried about copyright infringement. I am wondering if there are any legal issues with starting a doctor who craft blog, where I would share the crafts I make but without making any profit from it? Thanks in advance.|||If you're just telling people how to make Dr. Who things themselves, it's perfectly fine. If you're selling anything based on their trademarks, then you're in trouble. The key not to make any money of their trademark (and that's no money at all, not just no profit).





Also you'd have to be careful about using their trademark in general -- trademark law is based off of whether or not something causes confusion in the eye of the consumer. As long as there's no way anyone would mistake your site for an official Dr. Who site, you should be fine.





And from a practical perspective, I can't imagine them ever going after a blogger promoting their brand.

No comments:

Post a Comment