Tuesday, December 6, 2011

How common is it for a doctor to hit on his or her patients?

I realize doctors have ethical rules against dating patients, but just how common is it for a doctor to flirt, hit on, and ask out a patient? How common is it for a doctor to date medical staff? Which medical staff tends to date doctors most often (ex, other doctors, RN's, medical assistants, phlebotomists...). Can the relationship between a doctor and a patient ever work out? If you are a doctor, what is your experience with this and what are the stories you have heard and can share here. Thanks.|||Its not ethical as you already stated for a Doctor to make passes at his patients, But sometimes it happens they are human. I would imagine Doctors often meet people in their medical field and become attracted to them. Its okay if both are available.Its possible to meet a patient and have a meaningful relationship again if both are available. I guess if you are single and available it doesn't matter what your profession is as long as you are compatible.|||I'm not a doctor but I don't think that doctors should be hitting on patients. Also, if a relationship started and anything went wrong, the doctor/patient relationship would become uncomfortable.


Doctor and his medical staff would be similar. People in all professions need to try to make sure their personal and professional relationships don't get in the way of each other.|||Well it's illegal and though I'm not a doctor all the doctor's and nurses I know (a lot of family members are in the medical field) have their own lives outside of the office i.e. wives and husbands that aren't in the medical field. So from my perspective I would say it doesn't happen at all.|||why are you asking the same question again ???|||Yes it can work out, but you can't be his patient anymore if it does.





I assume most doctors are afraid of losing their medical licenses, so it's probably not common. Be careful not to confuse empathy with being hit on.





From the many times you've asked about your doctor possibly hitting on you, it seems like you want to go out with him. I think you need to make the first move, because if he does, he could get in trouble. Tell him you can't be his patient anymore because you have feelings for him and were wondering if he'd like to go to dinner sometime. If you do this, make sure to find a new doctor first. But like I said, be very careful not to confuse his empathy for you with romantic feelings.|||My doctor is a 70 year old woman, so I think maybe I might be a little biased with my answer....





It is VERY common.|||I probably do not have the expertise to answer this, so I will take a guess. Maybe 10% of doctors out their would hit on patients.

No comments:

Post a Comment