Friday, December 2, 2011

What is it like being a doctor in the military?

I was just wondering if anyone has ever been a doctor in any of the branches of military. Did you like it? What are its pro's and cons? I have read the Student Doctor Forums online, and it seems like the general consensus is that military medicine sucks. However, I'm not really sure if this is just a bunch of disgruntled army doctors ranting in one place online, and if the happy military doctors don't even know about the website. If anyone has any info, please tell me. Thanks!|||I can tell you as a military patient that we do not always get the best doctors, but I guess you can say that about any place. All in all I think the military doctors are just like the rest of the military, a sample of society, you just have to deal with the military rules (and no malpractice).|||Military doctors if they get deployed will treat a lot of trauma patients. You might see a lot of head injuried, and unfortunately amputees.|||Not a doctor.


but......





I recomend the HBO documentary.....





Bagdahd ER.





It was real, it was honest, it was grafic, it pulled not punches, it showed our troops as the brave men and women they are, it showed brotherhood, and honor.....





but it shows the horrors of war.


http://abcnews.go.com/WNT/story?id=19689鈥?/a>|||well i suppose it feels awesome saving peoples lives in war, especially children, of course, I'm notta mili. doc. (im 14!) *ahem* anyways well theres always peopel that hate their job and people that love their job. Your "job" is to find the facts in the clutter and decide for urself. ^_^ good luck m8, heard bein a military doctor is hard/painful but pays off big f***ing time.

No comments:

Post a Comment