Tuesday, December 6, 2011

What are the chances of not getting your doctor for delivery?

you see this in movies all the time LOL, mom wigging out because her doctor can't be found and they have to use the on call doctor. How often does this really happen though? And is there any way to ensure it won't happen??





Did your doctor come in as soon as you got to the hospital or not until it's actually time to deliver?|||No, I'm not sure where my doctor was but another doctor who worked in his practice who I hadn't seen before delivered my baby. I didn't really care though because the only time he was there was while I was pushing and that only lasted for about 2 minutes. The nurses were the ones who were actually there the whole time and helped me through it.|||At my OB office, each patient sees every doctor in the practice throughout her pregnancy because whichever doctor is on call that day/night will be delivering your baby. It really doesn't matter to me anyways because the doctor only comes in right as the baby is about to come out, or if you are having complications. The nurses at the hospital are the ones who are with you through 8, 10, 12+ hours of labor. I feel that all the doctors at my practice are competent and trust them all.|||"Is there any way to ensure it won't happen?"





No. I mean you could kidnap and hold your doctor ransom but that is illegal, immoral and just plain wrong ;-)





Our Doctor came to the hospital the morning of and delivered our son shortly there-after. I don't really know how to ensure that it won't happen because nobody can predict the future.





Just pick a good hospital, and do all that the geniuses say to do and all should be well. Millions of babies are born every year, as healthy as they wanna be, without benefit of your doctor. And as concerned as you are about controlling every aspect of your birth it seems like you will be fine since I don't think you'll be leaving ANYTHING to chance. Good Luck!!|||My regular OB/GYN doctor was on call when I got to the hospital however her on call off time was 7am. There are five different doctors in her practice and their policy is that you see all five doctors during your pregnancy. This ensures that you have met and are comfortable with each doctor so you are familar and "know" the delivering doctor. My son was born at 11:06am so it was a different doctor on call at the point. I was comfortable and had seen this doctor several time through out my pregnancy so wasn't a really big deal.|||I don't know how often it really happens but i know it almost happened to me. My doctor went on a week vacation, 2 weeks before my due date. And i just happened to go into labor a week early. But my doctor arrived home about 30 minutes before my son did. So he managed to make it there right on time!|||My doc was on vacatin %26amp; my midwife delivered my son, which i knew her just as well as my doctor but it's a 50/50 chance, depending on if your doctor is off or on leave or something, but midwifes are just as great.|||No. My doctor was very rude and promised me for months that he would be there for delivery and the day of my due date he left for vacation for 2 weeks. I was VERY mad and a complete stranger ended up delivering my baby :(

No comments:

Post a Comment