Friday, December 2, 2011

What doctor is responsible for referring me to have a sonogram on my ovaries and fallopian tubes?

Hello. I was diagnosed with PCOS a few years ago and have been trying to conceive for a few months now with no success. I'm interested in having a sonogram on my fallopian tubes and ovaries just to ensure nothing on that side is hindering me from trying to conceive. What doctor should refer me to have this procedure done? My OBGYN, Endocrinologist, or PCP? Thank you for your help.|||Your ob/gyn should be able to perform the sonogram. If they want to refer you, you should go to a reproductive endocrinologist.|||Talk to your OBGYN. Sonohystograms normally aren't done until you have been trying for a year, and can't find any other reasons for infertility. SHGs aren't the most pleasant of procedures, and if your doc hasn't deemed it necessary yet, it probably isn't, especially since you've only been trying for a few months.

No comments:

Post a Comment