Tuesday, December 6, 2011

What doctor do I go to see for a concern on my genitals?

I have this little bump on the shaft of my penis. It is skin colored. I have had my family doctor look at it and they say it is nothing. However, I don't like visually how it looks and am very self conscious of it. I am always very hesitant to go to a doctor. What doctor should I go to for this? A dermatologist? What should I say my concern is when scheduling an appointment. I am embarrassed to deal with this. What are my options?|||Not necessarily a urologist, it depends on where you live.





If you're in the UK, you can go to a sexual health clinic (GU Medicine Clinic). There should be one at your local hospital and when you phone up you should either be given an appointment within 48 hours and asked to attend a walk in service. The BASHH website below has a list of clinics in case you want to phone first and find out directions etc. Treatment is free by the way.





Same principle as the urologist you would see in other countries. They have examined plenty of genitals before so they should be able to tell you what is wrong and offer treatment. Perhaps also test you for other infections - it's always good to have a general check up!|||You go to a UROLOGIST!





Have been there. I was nervous at first (he asks you to drop your pants), and then he feels your private parts with his gloved hands.





But hey, that's his job! He touches hundreds of penises every week. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment