Friday, December 2, 2011

My doctor misrepresented me in a dictation pertaining to a work comp case. Now what?

I talked to my attorney about this and he completely blows this off stating that "we could say the statements were his opinion only and not medical expertise". Dictation becomes a legal document when transcribed and can be used as evidence. Doctor completely misrepresented me in the last two transcripts. Not sure how I should handle this. Any suggestions?|||There is nothing to suggest, this is now a credibility issue. He probably said at one point that the injury was related to work and than flipped and said that the injury was due to a pre-existing injury or that the ongoing symptoms are not the direct cause of the claimant's work injury. He might have been presented medical evidence from other doctor or another work comp claim and found out that maybe it wasn't related to your work injury.





This happens and there's is nothing either side can do. I've had claims where the doctor flip flops every time, he tells your attorney what he/she wants to hear and he tells our attorney what we want to hear.





While his claims doesn't help your case nothing to suggest. Your attorney will have to figure a Plan B.





Good luck

No comments:

Post a Comment