Friday, December 2, 2011

What is the protocol for asking my doctor to prescribe me a wheelchair?

I am currently five months pregnant with my second child and, due to pregnancy complications I have been having, I am not able to stay on my feet for long periods of time and am therefore on bedrest. I work retail, therefore my doctor has put me on indefinite medical leave from work. It has been three weeks so far, but I would really like to return to work. I would like to get a wheelchair for the remainder of the pregnancy so that I may work, but since I am on Medicaid, I need a "prescription" from my doctor to have them cover the rental. How would I go about asking my doctor for this prescription? Is there some kind of tactful way to ask without just demanding it?|||I get this from patients a lot in my office. Actually you would be suprised what can happen if you just ask. Call your doctors office and leave a message for him/her to call you. when they call you just tell them exactly what you put here. You would like to go back to work and the only way you could do that is to have a wheelchair. You doc will more than likely agree with you and allow you to do so UNLESS your pregnancy is too dangerous. At that point I would listen to the doc and for the sake of your baby relax at home!|||doctor, can i get a prescription for a wheel chair to have temporarily?|||no you need to follow the doctors orders and stay on bed rest. relaxing at home is completely different then sitting a wheelchair working, which if I remember from working retail it's stressful and that's something you want to avoid. For the safety of your baby and yourself, follow the doctor's orders.

No comments:

Post a Comment