Friday, December 2, 2011

What are my options if the doctor is unable to reattach my detached retina?

Had four surgeries on my left eye. The doctor is unable to reattach my detached retina on my left eye. I have lost complete vision in my left eye. Are there any options for me now to restore my vision in my left eye? Could I have a eye transplant. I know I need to talk to the doctor about this but have to wait to see him. IF anyone knows the name of a good doctor please let me know that as well. thanks!|||Sorry, there is no such thing as an eye transplant. The only part of the eye that can be transplanted is the very front surface, the cornea , which of course wouldn't have any effect on the retina which is at the back of the eye.





If your retina can't be repaired, there isn't much can be done about regaining any vision in that eye.

No comments:

Post a Comment