Tuesday, December 6, 2011

What will the doctor do if i go on birth control to settle my period?

I am going to try to go on birth control to settle period, but what tests will the doctor give me? Will he give me a pap smear? Even though im a virgin? Can it still be confidential even though it's just for my period?|||I went on it to sort my period.


Because there was clearly a problem with my period so I started the pill (6 week long periods) he did blood tests to find out why.


Because I had high LH levels I then had an ultrasound to check for cysts (didn't have any)


But no, no pap smear.





The confidential varies on your age and location.


Here in the UK, I'm 16, so it was. I'm not sure in other situations though.|||Explain the situation to your doctor. He/She should completely understand as this is a common reason to get on birth control. They will probably have sto do a pap-smear / pelvic exam to make sure everything is in good shape and ask your medical/social history to make sure you are a candidate in the first place. This is normal procedure, even for virgins. Anything you go to the doctor for should be confidential. If they break your trust by sharing info with anyone they are breaking the law (HIPAA).|||They might do a pap smear, but it's good to have one, so don't be worried. It doesn't hurt that bad. It feels like if you gently scratch your arm with your fingernail. It can still be confidential. I recommend Planned Parenthood if you want it to be confidential. Most have a sliding fee scale, if you don't have alot of money, and they ask if they can say Planned Parenthood is calling if they have to call your house. Some have special hours for teens. http://www.plannedparenthood.org/|||You do not get tests if your a virgin (dont lie to him either) ...should be confidential BUT if your parents have to pay for the pills....they will know. If your under 18 they have to know about any prescription you take, by law.|||i'm on birth control and i went to my dr


they give you a full exam, pap smear and all...


I'm pretty sure it will be absolutely confidential


just relax, and the tests will be easier and less painful for you.|||no the doctor should just give you pill and will not examining you he may take blood test and things like that but not Any smears or that so don't worry !

No comments:

Post a Comment