Friday, December 2, 2011

How do I get my doctor to prescribe me vicodin?

He did it before but now he won't give me anymore! I have very painful periods and I need it bad. I've been to two doctors one just wanted to put me on birth control (which doesn't work) and the other stopped giving me pain pills and gave me ones that didn't work.





Should I go to a female doctor who would understand?|||Either go to a female doctor or Exaggerate to your current doctor a little bit, Tell him your now getting back pains and you have been missing school/work because of them, tell him its getting unbareable and you need a strong muscle relaxer to help. Also most teenagers sell their vicodin if they get them, ask around they usually are $2.00 a pill. Try Norcos also, I like them better than vicodin. Because i dont get a stomach ache from them, Good luck|||Do you suffer from any other problems besides the painful periods?





Look at the following and see if any of the symptoms match:





http://www.shetrust.org.uk/whatis.htm





It could be there is another reason behind your period pains.|||Trust me, you do not want to take pain medication unless it is a dire emergency. I fractured my back and herniated several disks. I had surgury too but it did not help much. Because of this condition, I am forced to take oxycodone everyday and I hate it. Before long, your tolerance will rise and you will become dependent on these meds just to get along. I am not even talking about addiction,although that can easily happen, just talking about physical dependence. Not only do I have to deal with chronic pain but if I don't take my meds on schedulle I become VIOLENTLY sick. This is NOT addiction, it is just dependence and happens to everyone who takes narcotics for more than say 2-3 weeks. Now in addition to needing said meds for pain, your body will need it just to function normally. I had no other choice but to take the narcotics due to the SEVERE injury of a crushed spine but your condition does not sound severe enough to warrent these type of meds. I am NOT belittling your pain as I am sure it hurts but I would try some of the new adjuvanant non-narcotic meds now available. Did not mean to preach, just don't want to see someone else stuck on these meds when there are other options. Good luck and take care!|||Have you ever tried prescription strength alleve? that is what helped me survive completely debilitating periods when I was younger. Narcotics have such a high abuse rate, you doctor is obligated to be careful in prescribing these meds. An anti-inflammatory is likely to work just as well without doping you up.|||PLEASE,PLEASE,PLEASE, don't start with pain meds for period cramps. I had a period with heavy bleeding and cramps for 2 years solid. Not one day without the so called "curse" that the average woman has for 3-7 days a week- 2 whole crappy YEARS. I would try anything else first. Like someone else said, it's not about becoming addicted so much as it is becoming dependant. Because 2 pills turn into three then into four. It's just not worth it. They couldn't stop my bleeding, so I had to have a Hystorectomy(obviously had trouble spelling that word) at the age of 33. I know it hurts but for me, heat always felt good. I usually wore one of those heat patches under my clothes on my belly (doesn't do much for your back or thighs) depending on where the pain is the worse. Anyway, I don't want to preach either but I have seen people dealing with far worse pain on a lot less potent medication. P.S. If anything, female Dr.'s are less sympathetic to menstral pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment